Growing edible mushrooms as annual and perennial patches is the focus of this Hands-On workshop. We will use a variety of common mulch materials to plant out King Stropharia, Wood Blewit, Elm Oyster, and Black Morel mushrooms in gardens and landscapes on-site. Multitudes of techniques will be discussed and demonstrated, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. Feel free to bring any mushrooms you have been finding to be identified!
The workshop takes place outside on our 1acre urban homestead in he River Road community, and we will have hot medicinal mushroom tea on tap to keep our fingers and minds moving!
Topics and Activities:
- Introduction to Mushroom Ecology, with the focus on Soil Mushrooms
- Material choices and processing
- Site Reading and Landscape Integration
- Mushroom Species specifics and appropriate plantings
- Mushroom Patch installation and maintainence
Raw materials and Mushroom Spawn available for purchase on-site
- King Stropharia, Wood Blewit, Black Morel, and Elm Oyster mushroom kits $20
- Sawdust, woodchips, and biochar are also available
Workshop Cost: $20 – 40 sliding scale per person
Location: Close-in River Road Neighborhood address given upon registration
Registration: Pay Here
Or though contact form below: